A competitive tax-free salary of between £6,200 and £7,500 GBP per month is available for an exceptional director of nursing with previous leadership experience, strong communication skills and an in-depth knowledge of the healthcare sector.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing, planning and developing nursing services in the hospital within their budgets and for developing the hospital’s mission and objectives.
Other key responsibilities include implementing a Continuing Education Programme for staff and monitoring quality improvement by introducing performance indicators to measure the outcome of department activities with a strong focus on patient care.
Duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Define the hospital’s mission statement and devise plans to carry this out;
- Support, implement and evaluates the development of the philosophy, objectives and policies of the nursing departments by fostering communication among individuals and departments responsible for providing clinical services;
- Participate in executive management meetings and in decision making;
- Identify present and potential clinical and non-clinical needs of the departments and assist managers in formulating courses of action to meet those needs;
- Ensure that patient care provided by the nursing staff is supported by research evidence of clinical effectiveness and recommend new approaches to patient care by using tried and tested data;
- Provide historical input to managers to determine the manpower required for their departments and ensure a uniform programme for recruitment and retention of staff;
- Liaise with clinical educators to formulate a programme of lectures and practical training;
- Work with fellow directors to formulate a major incident plan for the hospital.
Benefits include 30 days leave per annum, free housing for the first month and air fare paid by the hospital.
If you are interested in this role and would like further information, please call business development director Kay Ghafoor on 07946 042520 for a confidential discussion or email firstname.lastname@example.org
About Teresa Green
Latest Blog posts
- VACANCY: Optometrists, London and South East England
- VACANCY: Sales director, West London
- VACANCY: Home care manager, Lancashire
- VACANCIES: Operating department practitioners, Netherlands
- VACANCIES: Physiotherapists, Kuwait
- VACANCY: Recruitment consultant – engineering, Surrey
- VACANCY: Director of nursing, Middle East
- VACANCY: Full-time personal assistant to chairman, Droitwich Spa, Worcestershire